Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dance recital!

 My baby girl doing dress rehearsal!  This was a crazy, hilarious, chaotic, wild day.  We got this girl all decked out, and picked up Cash at school, and ran to Rexburg for dress rehearsal last Wednesday.  As soon as she was all pretty (fake eyelashes and all) she said "Cash is going to say I am pretty." I thought this was precious.. and couldn't help but think to myself "well, he is his father's son, so I guess we will see if he even notices..."

We get Cashie at school (his second to last day of school) and he hops in the van, walks to his seat, and says "Oh, Pres, you look really pretty!"  (I could have died right then... LOVE my babies!)
She then says to Cash "My eyelashes are really long! And they are not real."  (I guess we have to work on our lady secrets. )

She then peeled one of the lashes off on the way to Rexburg, and lost it in the car.  I didn't have time for that, and I kind of freaked out.  We had to put on different lashes when we got there, and didn't have time.  Poor girl.  I repented of my bad ways, and cleaned it up for the night of recital.  I did good making a mental choice to be good with her, and my choice of words. I love her so much, so who cares about fake lashes anyway? :)
 I love that they look like little pink, cream-puffed clouds.  Seriously, SO precious costume! They danced to "No more I love you's" by Annie Lennox
 Pres was front and center.  Lindsey is a phenomenal teacher, and these girls just love her.  She is amazing, we totally love her. :)
My Olive in her tap costume.  She has become quite the little dancer already.  Can't wait to see how she does.  This is also Presley's other costume. She is so gorgeous, I can't stand it. They danced to Garth Brooks, wrapped up in you. 

The night of recital:

 We went and got ready in Sarah's trailer.  They are living in their camper right now until they build again.  The girls looked super gorgeous, and it was fun to have bonding time with these precious babies.  I loved this pic more than words, and shows some of their beauty:
 The "waiting room" for our girls.  They watched a princess movie, and they were supposed to have helpers back stage to assist the girls in getting dressed between numbers. This was nice so the mom's could sit and relax and watch the show. I loved being able to enjoy all of the dances, and see my sweet girls.

 Presley was so pretty on stage. She looked like a little dolly. I love her little voice, and her special spirit.  She knew the dances, and she did her best to do them on stage. She was so fun to see.  Lindsey was excited to see that Presley remembered the steps before she got to them. She knew the dances better than she thought she would. The girls all did great, and I am excited to see how they do next year. Pretty little babies.

 I tried to get a pic of this... but it's blurry. Lindsey took each of her classes on stage one at a time (at the end) to have them bow for the audience.  This class went up to bow, and somehow Presley just walked right up, and in front of them all.  She obviously loved the stage, and I had to laugh.  She just wanted to be in front of the crowd! I just said "Wow, that's my kid, everyone! She's made for the stage!" haha, because people were laughing and saying how cute she was.  I am a proud mama, for sure! :)

 Next it was her classes turn, and she walked out in front of them all, looking for me. I waved at her, and she sweetly waved back.  She was so cute up there. 



 The girls.  Gabby had to have a moment to shine, as well:


Each of these girls are so precious.   Livi is such a poser! Makes me laugh, for sure.  She is SO much like Sarah, and acts just like Sarah did.  So girlie in her movements, and grace.  So pretty little girlie girl. Presley is more like me. Let's just say, she has a pretty smile, and she is sweet. :)


 Miss Lindsey.  She is, for sure, Presley's idol right now.  "Is it my dance teachah?" She LOVES her.  SO grateful for her talent, and for her inspiring my daughter in developing a new talent.

I am SO proud of my Presley-girl. I can't believe how grown up she is, and how much she has learned and changed.  She is signed up for Preschool next year, which I am excited for.  She has enjoyed dance, and doesn't want it to be over.  I want to put her in the parade on the float next month, and put her in Miss Lindsey's dance day camp this summer.  She has some things to look forward to.  I am excited to see her grow up, and I am so grateful for her special little spirit in my life. I love her voice. She doesn't pronounce her 'r' sounds well yet, so everything has an accent. But her voice is so high, and pretty quiet.  She is so girly, and always wants her nails painted.  I lvoe this about her.  She loves make-up, and enjoyed getting dressed up for recital.  She didn't like the lashes at first. but the night of recital, they kind of grew on her.  I peeled them off of her after she was asleep, and the next morning she woke up and said "Where's my lashes? I wanted to wear them today!"  Super cute! She also likes her hair in a braid ponytail:
She is precious, and gorgeous, and amazing.  

This is why I am a lucky mommy! :)

No comments: