Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Traditional gifts

I always think of the traditional gifts given on each anniversary. Like 50 years is the golden anniversary. Well, for everyone’s curiosity sake (mostly just my own) here’s the rest of them:

Traditional Anniversary Gifts by Year

First: Paper
Second: Cotton
Third: Leather
Fourth: Fruit or Flowers
Fifth: Wood
Sixth: Candy or Iron
Seventh: Wool or Copper
Eight Bronze or Pottery
Ninth: Pottery
Tenth: Tin
Eleventh: Steel
Twelfth: Silk or Linen
Thirteenth: Lace
Fourteenth: Ivory
Fifteenth: Crystal
Twentieth: China
Twenty-Fifth:

Silver

Thirtieth:
Pearls
Thirty-Fifth: Coral
Fortieth:
Ruby
Forty-Fifth:
Sapphire
Fiftieth:
Gold
Fifty-Fifth:
Emerald
Sixtieth:
Diamond

1 comment:

Kendra said...

so, I have kind of a funny story about this. Even though you don't know who he is, everytime someone talks about the traditional anniv. gifts, I think of this story it is funny....Anyway, this guy I worked with, Cole, was having his 3rd anniv. and he was telling me and another lady that the gift was leather. He laughed when he read it and asked if we had any suggestions. This is how our conversation went:
Me: Oh! You could get her a nice Fossil purse
Cole: (making a disgusted face) no!
Me: Oh, ok or a Fossil wallet.
Cole: uh? No...
Me: Oh, how about a Fossil belt
Cole: Did you just buy Fossil stock or something? Or do they pay you on commission?
Me: haha....no
Cole: Ok, well, when it said leather, lets just say that I was thinking of a totally different kind of leather! I went more for the whips and chains kind of thing!!
hahaha---just goes to show that guys totally think differently than girls. Anyway, sorry this is so long...it was a funny story (to me anyway).