Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Sweetest Boy Cassius!

To my very special one year old, on this the first anniversary of your birth.


I have a one year old. But not just any one year old. He is incredible. He has taught me so much more in this year about who I am, and who I want to progress to be, than I had learned in my whole life before him. He who can melt my heart with his mischievous little grins. He who can change my world with one kiss. He who holds my heart in his pocket, and has me wrapped around his little finger.

My little boy who one year ago today was placed in my arms for the very first time. To love and care for. I remember the overwhelming feelings I had. How instantaneously I fell in love with you. How i already knew you. The way your Daddy looked at you the first time he saw you, in immediate love and adoration. How you were an identical replication of him. How you complimented and transitioned us into a little family. How innocent, and fresh from God you were then, and how elated and close to him I felt just being in your presence. How i have forgotten the way my life was before you were in it. You are perfect. Ten long fingers, ten little toes.

And to think that you grew inside my belly. I will never forget the first time I felt you kick. The ultrasound when we found out you were a boy. Your Daddy's ear to ear grin! The 5 times a day hiccups. The 20 times a day potty breaks. The summer heat and swelling. The Stretchmarks.

We took you everywhere in a onesie, and all the old ladies mocked me for not having socks on you, in 100 degree weather. As the seasons changed, so did your sock less feet. We have been able to see you through all of your first holidays. First smiles, and laughs. Rolling over. Your First words. (and many of them!) Crawling. Your first teeth (all 12 of them!) Your 5 month disdain for binkies. Your transition to sippy cups. Your transition to a forward facing car seat. Your transition to size 3 diapers. The beginning of your tantrum stage. How much you love solid food. How you dance whenever music plays. How you sing when you really like a song. How you blow kisses, give fives, pound it, and point at anything that catches your eye. How much you miss your daddy when he is away. You have always loved to play with him. How much your daddy misses you. How you love to take baths! Splash and Splash!! How you laugh at me when i say "no-no," and how you say it back when you do something naughty. Your one track mind. Your Surprising (to me) blond hair, warm golden skin, and Hazel/Green Eyes... So, now we have hundreds of pictures, love that can stretch to Texas, and memories that will last a lifetime.

My little boy who wakes me up with a happy smile on his face, and playful screams. Cuddles with me and makes me feel so important. My very special boy who I have had the opportunity and pleasure of watching grow and change. That I have had the opportunity of teaching. That I will have the opportunity of molding into a great young man someday.

I love you my little Cassius, so much more than any words can say. I want you to be happy. I want you to experience everything life has to offer. I want you to grow old and change, but still remember who you are. I want you to know how loved you are. I want you to know how much Heavenly Father loves you and will always be there to guide you in times of need. I want you to grow a strong testimony, and go on a mission. I want you to know that not a day goes by that I don’t thank my Father in Heaven for YOU, this special little spirit that has graced my home. Thank you for taking me on this very special journey through motherhood. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life. And most of all, I will always be so grateful that you picked me to be your mommy!



First song of his birthday video. I couldn't upload the whole thing, and who wants to watch 20 minutes of pictures, but me, anyway?!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cash! Hope you guys have lots of fun.

Annalee Taylor said...

Ok...that made me smile, laugh, and cry at all the same time. Its so overwhellming huh! Congrats on 1year and HAPPY BDAY CASH! Your a great mom.